3 tips to prepare your car for a ski holiday
The resorts are preparing to welcome back the ski lovers. Indeed, it’It is usually in November or December that the resorts open their doors and start their season. Travelers also get ready to put on their skis to hit the slopes.
It s’This is certainly the best time to talk about the subject of security’Equipping your car for a winter vacation in the mountains’winter holidays in the mountains ! Discover in this article 3 practical advices to prepare your vehicle for a ski trip.
Equip your car to go to the airport’winter © Flickr – SC Racing
Choosing the right tires to get to the resort
All winter’First of all, it is necessary to be aware of the Mountain Law. It s’applies to mountainous areas as of November 1, 2022. It concerns all vehicles.
L’he objective is to guarantee the safety of the users and the circulation, thanks to obligatory equipment for the vehicles.
Winter tires ensure a good grip on the road in case of snow or ice. Remember to check the pressure of your tires before going to the resort.
To access certain resorts, it is advisable to bring chains or snow socks. You don’t have to’You have never put chains on your car ? I advise you to practice once before taking the road and watch this tuto !
Installing roof racks to carry skis
Skis are very bulky. To travel with more’s space and comfort, the’The ideal is to place the skis on the roof.
To easily find a model of roof bar adapted to your vehicle, I recommend you to consult rameder.en. This site makes it easy to find a model adapted to your nameplate’registration.
Many tips are also indicated to choose the right roof bars:
- The different types of roof.
- The methods of fixing.
- The advantages and disadvantages of steel or aluminum roof racks.
- The main brands of roof bars.
Prepare and check your vehicle before departure
Before the big day, it is important to pay attention to the safety of your car. To do this, you need to check several things:
- The vehicle’s battery is well charged. Provide tongs or replacement of the same’a worn-out battery in case of signs of weakness.
- The windshield washer is adapted to negative temperatures (antifreeze).
- L’The general condition of the vehicle is good: headlights, taillights, glass, windshield, etc. Plan an overhaul if necessary to check the quality of the brakes.
- The useful accessories are available in the vehicle. For example, you can use a tarp to cover the windshield to prevent frosting. Or a blanket to keep your children warm in the car when you start up.
Finally, prepare your ski trip in advance. To do this, it is advisable to consult in advance the’planned route by car. Read the recommendations for cooking’access to the station on the site of the’tourist office or specialized sites. Bring warm clothes suitable for skiing.
I recommend you to discover here the checklist of his suitcase for the ski.
What are your tips for preparing your vehicle for a ski trip? ? N’Don’t hesitate to share them in the comments.